Pink LouLou is a start-up business who approached Digital Outlook about establishing an online presence to sell their individual and eccentric jewellery range direct to the public.
Just as important as providing an engaging user experience and generating sales were the backend tools that would enable a non-technical team to manage the entire business - uploading content, managing products and inventory levels, and fulfilling orders.
Budget and speed to market were two important considerations.
Following a Discovery phase I shortlisted two 'off-the-shelf' platforms that met the requirements of the business, before selecting the solution that would enable Pink LouLou to sell online within six weeks.
The final solution delivers an intuitive online shopping experience for users while providing the client with total control over products and how they're presented on the site.
- Browse products by range or collection
- Search for products
- Email products and share on social sites
- Group products so customers can select different material options (9ct gold, 22ct gold plate etc) on a single product page
- Set-up attributes such as chain lengths and ring sizes
- Electronic gift vouchers
- Multiple shipping bands
- Integrated checkout process so customers stay on the Pink LouLou site
The administration tools provide all the features required to keep the site operating:
- Bulk upload new products
- Set-up single and multiple redemption promo codes
- Set-up stock reorder thresholds per product with email alerts
- Assign a status to an order (pending, awaiting payment, dispatched etc) and filter by status or date range
- Segment and extract subscription database for email marketing
- Sales and customer reports
- Manage customer service emails
The blog and press sections also provide a creative outlet for the brand and play an important role in generating traffic from search engines.
Since launch I've provided ongoing marketing support for the business, managing their email campaigns, SEO and providing reports and recommendations on ways to improve site performance and conversion rates.