Australia has one of the highest rates of pet ownership in the world, with more than 3 million dog owners and more money spent on pet food in this country than on bread. Global trends also suggest they are currently more pampered than ever.
Digital publisher Plump & Spry aims to cater for this market with the launch of www.poochmag.com.au, a digital magazine targeting dog loving city dwellers. The website entertains young owners with engaging contributions from top journalists and educates them with expert advice and tips from pet industry professionals. A Directory also assists owners in finding local providers such as dog groomers and walking services.
Plump & Spry approached Digital Outlook to help turn the vision for the magazine into a flexible publishing platform. The site was designed and developed to attract and retain readers, with targeted content that is easy to browse and search.
Following a detailed requirements phase at the start of the project, a custom Content Management System (CMS) was developed by Digital Outlook.
- Fast and intuitive CMS built from the ground up
- Integration of WordPress blog for Newsfeed section
- Public Gallery for people to upload photos of their dogs, to be voted on by the community
- Tiered Directory, with free listings and paid-for features
- Full management of online advertising placements
- Set-up for SEO and ongoing optimisation
- Social integration and email forwarding functionality
- Email newsletter sign-up
Digital Outlook continues to support Plump & Spry by providing SEO and analytical services and the management of email marketing campaigns.